This is a knock-your-socks off starter, both in appearance and flavor. The ingredients for our Za’atar Veggie Stacks are as flavorful as they are colorful, although none as exciting as the Zesty Z.
Veggie Stack Em Up! The Za'atar Veggie Stacks
- 1 medium eggplant, sliced into ½-inch thick rounds
- 1 medium yellow squash, bias-cut ½-inch thick
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 large tomato, sliced into ¼-inch thick rounds
- ½ pound fresh mozzarella, sliced into ¼-inch thick rounds
- 1 avocado, cut in ¼-inch thick slices
- ½ cup Zesty Z
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat grill or grill pan to medium-high heat.
- Place the eggplant and yellow squash in a large bowl. Drizzle with the olive oil, sprinkle with salt, and toss to evenly coat. Grill the vegetables in a single layer until forming grill marks and just tender, 3-5 minutes per side. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Once the vegetables have cooled, layer the components to create four stacks. Start with a grilled eggplant round, then top it with a slice of mozzarella. Spread a generous amount of Zesty Z. Layer on a tomato slice, avocado, and grilled squash then spread on more Zesty Z. Add another grilled eggplant round, another slice of mozzarella, and a final helping of Zesty Z. Garnish with fresh parsley and serve immediately.