When we think of za’atar chicken, we think of other equally awesome combinations like peanut butter and jelly, Jordan and Pippen, Oreos and milk. Ok, ok…you get the point!
Adding Mediterranean flavor to chicken just got easier! Several chefs, foodies, and publications such as the New York Times and Boston Globe are talking about za’atar, especially za’atar chicken. Whether you’re grilling inside or out, this recipe is loaded with Mediterranean flavor! Zesty Z is all natural and made from 6 simple ingredients. Eat clean by ditching the processed marinades and sauces, and instead #GetZesty!
Don’t fuss about finding za’atar, Order Zesty Z online and be a hero! Your guests will ask for seconds…trust us.
Photo Credit: K. Turro
- 1 lb chicken thigh, cleaned and cut into bit size pieces
- 1 large red onion, cut into chunks
- 3 large bell peppers, assorted colors, cut into pieces
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tsp black ground pepper
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground tarragon
- ¼ cup Zesty Z (for drizzling afterwards)
- Preheat broiler (if not cooking on an outdoor grill). Marinate the chicken in olive oil, salt, and spices for 20 minutes.
- After chicken has marinated, put it onto wooden skewers with the peppers and onions, assorting the placement. Lay the filled skewers on a baking sheet and place in the oven. Cook for 20-30 minutes, rotating halfway through.
- Remove from oven and transfer onto a serving dish. Drizzle with Zesty Z, remove from the skewers and serve.