Light up that grill and #GetZesty with a Za’atar Lamb Burger! This Mediterranean take on an American classic elevates the meaning of the word cheeseburger.
Mediterranean Za'atar Lamb Burger
- 1 ½ pounds ground lamb
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup fresh parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 burger buns
- ½ cup Zesty Z
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- ½ cup chevre
- ½ cup baby arugula
- In a large bowl, combine the lamb, Worcestershire, salt, and parsley. Use your hands or a large spoon to stir together until just combined. Form the ground lamb mixture into four patties about the diameter of your burger buns.
- Add the butter and olive oil to a large pan over medium-high heat. Once the butter is almost melted, add the patties and cover. Cook until the first side of the burger is deeply browned, 5-7 minutes. Remove the lid, flip the burger, cover, and cook another 5-7 minutes on the second side.
- Spread 1 tablespoon Zesty Z on the bottom half of each burger bun. Add a layer of sliced red onion and top with the cooked lamb burgers. Spread another tablespoon Zesty Z, top with crumbled chevre, add a layer of baby arugula, and top each with the second half of the bun. Serve immediately.