One if by land, two if by crostini!
Ok, so you’re sad about the summer ending, so are we. But, we’re excited about all the fresh produce out there, including heirloom tomatoes! Crostini is a deliciously fun Italian word for ‘food on toast’. Get to your local market and buy fresh tomatoes, Greek yogurt, and a baguette. You’ve already got Zesty Z since you picked up a jar at one of the stores or ordered some online.
This pairing is simple, delicious, and healthy. Pop a bottle of dry white vino and invite some friends over!
Photo Credit: M. Hall
- Zesty Z
- 8 slices good quality bread
- 3-4 large heirloom tomatoes, sliced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tbl. Zesty Z
- ½ cup Greek Yogurt
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 2 tbl. chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 450F and cover a large sheet pan with parchment paper. In a bowl, toss sliced tomatoes with Zesty Z and 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and place on sheet pan. Roast in the oven for 20-25 minutes, until tomatoes begin to caramelize. Set aside to cool.
- Reduce oven heat to 350F. Prepare another large sheet pan and line with parchment paper. Brush both sides of the sliced bread with the rest of the olive oil, and arrange on sheet pan. Bake for 10 minutes, flipping halfway, until edges are golden brown.
- Smear a dollop of yogurt on each crostini, and top with 2-3 slices of tomato. Drizzle with more Zesty Z, and top with parsley. Serve!